AprilleLegacy

Aprille Legacy

I'm a self-published author from South Australia. My first book, Soul Fire, is a YA fantasy romance.

Destination Truth: Memoirs of a Monster Hunter

Destination Truth: Memoirs of a Monster Hunter - Josh Gates I've watched all five seasons of Destination Truth, and whilst I loved the monster hunting element, I soon came to realise that what I really looked forward to in an episode was the narration of the host, Josh Gates.

So you can imagine how excited I was when I logged into Facebook one morning and caught a glimpse of this cover. He'd written a book about his adventures on the show back in 2011; I bought it off Amazon without a second thought.

The book arrived a few weeks later (due to being in Australia, everything takes a million years to cross the seas), and I dove right in. My hopes were answered; he was as good a writer as he was a host. This book is brilliantly written, and my only gripe is that it is too brief. You better keep writing, Mr Gates!

I recommend this to anyone who loves travel and foreign countries. I'm making my sceptical partner read it too, because the book focusses on the destinations and the people rather than the monsters. So now I'm surpressing the urge to take off into the desert right now, and instead forcing myself to wait for Italy next year (can't wait!!)

Fantastic read, easily achieved five stars. Perfect for anytime of day or frame of mind.

Great work, Josh!!