AprilleLegacy

Aprille Legacy

I'm a self-published author from South Australia. My first book, Soul Fire, is a YA fantasy romance.
SPOILER ALERT!

Fallen

Fallen - Lauren Kate Oh dear... Parts of it I loved, but most of it I hated. It seemed like it was written by a ten year old tweeny who'd read Twilight and decided to replicate it.

Luce as an MC annoyed me. She was Bella, but Bella who had gone bananas. The similiarities between them pissed me off majorly, but ok, Luce was not as bad as the snivelling 'heroine' of Steph's series.

I could never really picture Daniel. Yeah she mentioned over and over the blondness of his hair, his jawline, blah lah lah, but I couldnt help but think ... "EDWARD". The whole "Stay away from me, I'm dangerous" brought on a hit of deja vu, but I couldn't put my finger on where I'd heard it before... oh wait.

The secondary characters were the best ones in it, mainly coz you didn't have to roll your eyes at the amazingly creepy stalking that Luce does, or her inner monologue.

I got a little confused at the end. All of them were angels, and they all happened to be at the same school? Some were good, some were bad? Who say what now?

Maybe I got confused because I was skimreading, desperately trying to finish Lauren Kate's miserable failure at a YA novel.