AprilleLegacy

Aprille Legacy

I'm a self-published author from South Australia. My first book, Soul Fire, is a YA fantasy romance.

Heiress of Healing

Heiress of Healing - Sonya Lano This book was everything I expected it to be and so SO much more.

The book spans about 15-20 years by my estimates, and tells the story of the young healer and the baby she delivers under duress. Whilst it follows a few characters, Iminique the healer is the main one, and we watch her grow from an uncertain child into a beautiful, graceful woman with all the wrong ideas about what it takes to be a wife in the First Demense.

Quentyn is the mysterious yet sexy warlock who is Iminique's enemy at first, but begins to grow into an untrustworthy ally. I definitely enjoyed the interaction between the two and their journey was well written and believable.

Zara the sorceress was my favourite character, feisty and fiery and wanting so much more than the mundane human world can offer her. Her travels into the shadow-hungry world were incredibly interesting and incredibly creepy. This was, however, a fantastic way to add dimension to Lano's world, as we get to see what lies beyond the walls of the Demenses.

The last fifty pages or so of this novel had me exclaiming outloud (luckily I was home alone at the time). Fast paced and thrilling, I think the apocalypse could've occured and I would not have noticed!

I've read Lano's novella 'Never Trust a Prince', a wonderful little romantic comedy that was heart-warming and funny; Heiress of Healing is gritty, edgy and heartbreaking. Prepare yourself for a journey that will leave you desperately needing more of the Heiress of Seven Cities series.

Highly recommended. Some of the best writing I've read in a long time.