AprilleLegacy

Aprille Legacy

I'm a self-published author from South Australia. My first book, Soul Fire, is a YA fantasy romance.

Behind the Scenes

Behind the Scenes - Kathryn  White Behind the Scenes by Kathryn White.

The thing I loved most about this book was how relatable it was. Living in Adelaide myself and being familiar with the lower suburbs, it was easy to picture the environment that Catlin lived in, as well as the characters who surrounded her home life.

The book begins with a fairly heart-wrenching event, one which I WAS NOT expecting, but it sends Catlin on a spiralling, life changing track... for the better. After landing a part on the hottest Australian drama on TV, Catlin relocates to Melbourne and is forced to live with her distant father, who remains determindly mysterious about why Catlin had to suffer her awful mother for the last decade or so.

Meet the cast of Angel Street, the drama Catlin will be working on. Most of them are the stereotypical TV bimbo, except for superstar Kimmie, who seems to be a complete bitch the first time we meet her, but her softer side comes through as the book progresses. Tom, son of the producer with a checked past, also seems distant and uncaring, until he realises that Catlin isn't like all of the other girls who've come through Angel Street.

I finished this book in about a day, and found myself drifting back too it whenever I had a few spare minutes. I loved the author's voice and how relatable all of the characters were. I especially loved the ending (I'm a big softy for warm fuzzies), and I can't help but find myself hoping for a sequel or spin off...

Highly recommended.