AprilleLegacy

Aprille Legacy

I'm a self-published author from South Australia. My first book, Soul Fire, is a YA fantasy romance.

Ninety-Five Percent Human

Ninety-Five Percent Human - Suzanna Williams Ninety-Five Percent Human by Suzanna Williams is the story of Joe, a down on his luck farmer, and Sarah, the mysterious girl whom Joe pulls out of a lake after she tries to kill herself.

I found this book to be heartwarming, thrilling and romantic all at the same time. Oftentimes when I start a book that I know will have a romantic factor, I find that it just spoils the story. However, this isn't the case with Ninety-Five Percent Human.

Joe and Sarah's relationship begins as one between two strangers brought together by an unfortunate event. Feeling a level of obligation to the girl whose life he saved, Joe allows Sarah to stay on the farm with him, and thus begins the heartwarming part of the book.

Sarah, though thin and pale, works hard and proves her worth to Joe's Nan (one of the most awesome characters ever, just by the way), and is soon accepted into Joe's life. The plot deepens as it becomes apparent that Rob, Joe's golden older brother, is up to his ears in debt and almost costs Joe the farm.

Meanwhile Sarah is surrounded by secrets and mystery, and as Joe finds himself falling for her, the aura of danger around her deepens. As Sarah begins to display some not-so-human characteristics, Joe begins to realise that the girl he's fallen for may not be entirely human...

This book is not what I was expecting at all, and I absolutely loved it. I was laughing out loud at some bits (Jake is one of my favourite characters ever and I sincerely hope he makes a return in the sequel), and the romance was done perfectly. Joe was a strong narrator and not once did I roll my eyes at his internal monologue.

Cannot wait for Five Percent Alien in 2014. I highly recommend Suzanna Williams to all lovers of sci-fi and romance.