AprilleLegacy

Aprille Legacy

I'm a self-published author from South Australia. My first book, Soul Fire, is a YA fantasy romance.

Basalt

Basalt - A.S. Olsoune Basalt by A.S Olsoune.

I really enjoyed this book, maybe because it's slightly similar to my own (in regards to the parallel universe thing) but also because it was done in a completely different way.

The beginning starts off so mysteriously you can't help but be sucked in, with little tidbits of the plot being hinted at here and there. Our main character, Colin Basalt, begins hearing voices in his head that warn him of danger to come, and it. is. on.

The further I read into this book, the more I enjoyed it. The four main characters are extremely individual and unique, plus reading from a boy's perspective was very refreshing. Their four elemental powers some how suited their personalities exactly, something I adored.

The ending had me glued to the book and was absolutely, infinitely awesome, but the last page or so made me drop the book in stunned silence. It was the kind of plot twist that sets your heart racing and leaves you short of breath. It's been a while since a twist did that to me, but Basalt managed it in spades.

I cannot wait to get my hands on the sequel which came out about a month or so ago AND NO ONE TOLD ME!

I highly recommend this book to lovers of adventure and fantasy.